Question about a Challenge and a Ranger (spoiler)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Hrothgar
Initiate

Question about a Challenge and a Ranger (spoiler)

Post by Hrothgar »

Okay I have searched the forums for this and can't find the answer I am looking for, so don't beat me up if it is somewhere else.

I am stuck at the meeting with Sparrow. After the battle with her I fail the True Healer Challenge. I do not understand why. She attacks me first so I don't see how the friendly-alligned NPC rule applies to her. I have also tried running away and allowing the Goliath Boreheads to kill her; this didn't work either.

How do I get the key from her without failing the challenge?
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Question about a Challenge and a Ranger (spoiler)

Post by CrazyBernie »

You fail the challenge because she's not inherently "bad" and you killed her. You are also assuming that she has the only key.

Think about who else might have a copy of that key...
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Or figure out a way to open a door without the key.
Hrothgar
Initiate

Post by Hrothgar »

Thanks for the advice about my assumption. I am playing as a Ranger with some "nefarious" skills, but I would rather get the quest completion that comes with attaining the key. Maybe getting through the door would accomplish that as well; I guess I will find out later.

I have to add that I am loving this game just as I did Book 1. I have a compulsion about finishing as many quests with the most challenges. I am looking to finish with perfect Ranger, perfect healer, immaculate, the $$ challenge, hellbringer, and maybe 2 others I can't remember at this moment. Also I am playing with all the news rules in place. I have to say playing as a Ranger has a serious curve to the game starting out. Now that I have more towns to get arrows, more money, and focus shot it has gotten a lot easier. I still have probably half the game left.