Question about how to reach certain town in the game

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
elkston
Apprentice

Question about how to reach certain town in the game

Post by elkston »

.... SPOILERS ....

OK, so I am at the point in the game where I am ready to travel to Edon. Now this might seem like a silly question, but how do I get there?

The quest journal says travel west along the Yuma River, but when I try to do this by following the path past Minus' cabin (on the Ironpool dam map), I reach a dead end. Trying to go south from your cabin then west also does not work. The bridge is broken (the one with the merchant who was attacked) and the river bank leads to an impassable area eventually.

What obvious path am I missing here?
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Question about how to reach certain town in the game

Post by KillingMoon »

You've been looking too far south. Minus' cabin is south of the river, which is indeed a dead end. You need to follow the northern shore of this river; go to Western Kessian Basin - that's the map just north of where Minus is, and then continue west along the northern shore of the river.
Eventually this path will take a curve to the south, but that's a lot further.
EDIT: Jedi_Learner already beat me to it; I had to go check the map for the right names of areas and such.

Counter question: I was in Edon, but didn't have a quest to fulfill. Where is it you pick up a quest for it?
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Then I didn't miss anything obvious, because that sounds like a lot further on in the game. Thanks!
elkston
Apprentice

Post by elkston »

Thanks, guys. I will try this new route when I play again in a little while.