mages and lore

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
kelticpete
Council Member

mages and lore

Post by kelticpete »

I am playing a true mage/ true thief. I was not planning on taking divine until I could buy it with gold and I have found out I don't have the wisdom (11) for learning lore or even bless. I have some unidentified stuff.

is my only options to identify

1) get lore with a book (I don't have it) and buy it up?
2) up my wisdom to 15 (4 skill points is alot!)
3) let merchants identify?

I am thinking I may stick with 3....wondering which (1 or 2) is less expensive in the long run as far as stealing points from my primary build.
maybe 15 wisdom is worth it given my mana
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Gorgon Rider
Marshall

Re: mages and lore

Post by Gorgon Rider »

Boost your WIS with items to 15. Then you can learn the Lore spell and cast it when you need to. Other than that, you could try to get a couple Lore rings and see if that's enough to let you identify items.
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Drixx »

Merchants generally will charge you 1/2 of the items value to identify it. You would need a hefty mercantile skill to make more money letting them identify items than just taking their lowball offer for the unidentified.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

There's an "Elder's Ring" you can buy/find on occasion which will give you +2 Lore btw; always worth it to have two of those sitting in your inventory, IMO.