Missing Artist Rendering

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Hrothgar
Initiate

Missing Artist Rendering

Post by Hrothgar »

Did anyone notice that if you click on the windows in the NW corner of the Tahlushorn Tower, you get a message about the view of the Barrien Rift? I was a little disappointed that we didn't get an image onscreen of this view.

btw I was on my 3rd playthrough when I noticed that you could click on the window.
Turtle
Council Member

Re: Missing Artist Rendering

Post by Turtle »

But you did get a good look at the rift when you crossed it. Quite a view, actually.
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

Hm, I thought we crossed a different rift from the one you can see from Talushorn...
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I thought the view while crossing the Rift was one of BW's best effects. It almost gave me vertigo - totally awesome!
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

I agree, it was a nice touch. It reminded me of old arcade games, like Golden Axe :D
Hrothgar
Initiate

Post by Hrothgar »

I am not sure that the Rift the description mentions is the one we passed. The one we see in the game is the Coppervein Rift. The description refers to the Great Rift near Crakamir.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Hrothgar wrote:I am not sure that the Rift the description mentions is the one we passed. The one we see in the game is the Coppervein Rift. The description refers to the Great Rift near Crakamir.
You got to see that one in Book 1.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Randomizer wrote:
Hrothgar wrote:I am not sure that the Rift the description mentions is the one we passed. The one we see in the game is the Coppervein Rift. The description refers to the Great Rift near Crakamir.
You got to see that one in Book 1.
Actually, that rift in Book I was specifically the "Crakamir Rift" (I guess Theamore's other rift isn't named? - or perhaps it's called the "Tangletree Rift"?... (edit: ah, it's just called the "Eastern Rift")), which is basically the northern border of Crakamir.

The Great Rift (Zone) that Hrothgar is referencing is at the south end of Crakamir, not the north end where the Crakamir Rift is.