Playing it old school... Baldur's Gate Trilogy!

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Unbeliever
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Playing it old school... Baldur's Gate Trilogy!

Post by Unbeliever »

Haven't played the Baldurs since they were new, but re-bought them through GOG, installed them plus BGT plus several other major fan mods, and am currently tearing through them...using online walkthroughs as references to make sure I don't miss out on anything.

Having a total blast, getting to hear those classic lines all over again...

"The LIGHT! It BURNS..."

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

So, BW... you'll have Eschalon Book 3 done in a month or two, right? With a full party, with every NPC fully voice acted, and romance options, and... and...? :)

What can I say? I've got Baldur on the brain (and on the head)...
dbgager
Initiate

Re: Playing it old school... Baldur's Gate Trilogy!

Post by dbgager »

Great games..also the Icewind Dale games where pretty good to. I have Baldurs Gate II installed on my computer and have been playing it from time to time...although I played through it about 3 times already since it was released many years ago, so I have lost some of my motivation to play.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

Trilogy? I take it you're including the console spin-off. I never played that one. Is it any good?

As for BG1 and BG2, I'm playing through BG1 (on and off) again currently then plan to transfer that character to BG2. I'm likely halfway through BG1, if not more (just about to enter Baldur's Gate proper), but I keep getting drawn away from the game after a time for another run through The Witcher 2 (about to start my 4th time through). I can't help myself. :oops:
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Unbeliever
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Unbeliever »

Yeah, I don't like the usage of the word "trilogy" here, myself.

There's BG1 and its add-on "Tales of the Sword Coast".

There's BG2 and its add-on "Throne of Bhaal".

"Tales" takes place DURING BG1, but "Throne" takes place AFTER BG2 -- so the folks who created the "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" megapatch (which blends both games and their add-ons into one mega-game, using the superior BG2 interface) refer to Throne as the third part of the trilogy.

To me, "trilogy" just confuses the issue.

But having just completed the BG1/Tales content in the past few days (and having smoothly moved to the BG2 content), I have to say that BGT kicks ass... :)