Wish List for Book II?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Noceur
Initiate

Post by Noceur »

First off, thanks for the fun game (so far at least, I'm only at lvl 8 but having a laugh :) ).

For book II
- Some kind of fletching skill. It might unbalance things (haven't played a ranged build yet), but making simple arrows isn't that hard (for a proffessional ranger).

- Shield bonus vs ranged, if it isn't already there. As it is now, I'm not sure how much useful a shield is other than being another piece of armor.

Interestingly, in melee, shields were used in a way much like the Dodge skill works. I.e, not block head on, but lead the attacker's weapon away with the shield, which could open up for a counter attack. Then again, you'd do the same with a sword parry. This is all simplified of course, but so are RPG rules. Actually, it'd be interesting if all weapons could lead to a counter attack... a sword could deal less damage than an axe, but have a higher chance of leading to a counter attack (i.e giving a bonus ToHit on the next attack, as it is now) and the axe = more dmg, less chance of counter attack.
Azael
Initiate

Post by Azael »

RezoApio wrote:I second this one that would be very cool
+1

Much more elegant to have all recipes that you've come across collected at one place, just like spells.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Jaesun wrote:An Alchemy book that adds recipes as you find them, as well as adding a recipe as soon as you successfully learn a new one.
Man, there have been a lot of great ideas, but this one is so obviously good it's a shame it didn't make it into Book I. I promise this one will be in Book II.
Claw
Apprentice

Post by Claw »

More varied starting gear depending not only on class but axoim, maybe origin.
For instance, a healer starts with Fleshboil. Not that's cool for a nafarious healer, but wouldn't it make more sense for any other healer to start with an actual healing spell?
Seriously. I chose to play a healer and what I do is run around making other creatures go *pop* with magic. Also, it makes a newbie healer too similar to a magic user for my taste.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Man, there have been a lot of great ideas, but this one is so obviously good it's a shame it didn't make it into Book I. I promise this one will be in Book II.
Should I bother you with some more thought on that one: make the recipe with small symbol of the reactant/reagants and also with a direct button to create the vial of recipe from the item in your inventory?

I admit this would not work for recipe to be added to an armor or weapon, unless you decide to make it valid for the currently equipped items ?

My 2 cts
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

-still on my trip about a good critical hit table.
-want survival gear;)
-so so about a magic gen system.
-bigger cities:P
-larger area...ships and sea.
-food and water.

Heh you know most of my ideas already but I thought Iw ouuld throw a few out there.
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

-More characters in bigger villages
-Some sort of a feedbacksystem. Maybe a blackboard or some sort of newsboard in the city where your greatest achievements are listed or other news.
-Guilds (You can join em)
-A mini-game in the taverns (dwarfen-dice or something)
-You can become a knight of the commonwealth or join the secret service
-Buy your own place
-A Beast-Knowledgebase
-More complex economy
"FUL IR"
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Jaesun wrote:An Alchemy book that adds recipes as you find them, as well as adding a recipe as soon as you successfully learn a new one.
Man, there have been a lot of great ideas, but this one is so obviously good it's a shame it didn't make it into Book I. I promise this one will be in Book II.
Woo hoo! Can't wait for Book II! :)
Gothmog wrote: -Buy your own place
-A Beast-Knowledgebase
Love these ideas. Also in the Bestiary, maybe if you damage an enemy with it's vulnerability (Say you hit a slime with fire, and it is vulnerable to fire) it notes it's vulnerability on it's page.
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

Another idea... to make Cartography more valuable. Say you have Level 1 in cartography and you have mapped an area, say 95%, you then could sell your map to say a map maker who you pays you for your maps based on your level of Cartography. Level 1 = 10 gold, level 2 = 50 gold, 3 = 100 gold etc...
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

Ideas 8) :

-Ability to join guilds (paladin, dark knight, assassin, mage, necromancer, explorer, merchant, commonwealth guards, etc..) and gain access to special equipment that are not available elsewhere. -> Expands side questing options.

-More weather effects, how about rain and lightning?

-A bag to hold alchemy stuff (empty potions, ash, acid, etc..)

-More skills for classes to make them more unique. Perhaps an elven warrior has a different unique attack skill from a dwarven warrior.

-Of course, more descriptive text

-Branches in stories and quests
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Gothmog wrote:-More characters in bigger villages
-Some sort of a feedbacksystem. Maybe a blackboard or some sort of newsboard in the city where your greatest achievements are listed or other news.
-Guilds (You can join em)
-A mini-game in the taverns (dwarfen-dice or something)
-You can become a knight of the commonwealth or join the secret service
-Buy your own place

This last one is a good idea, you'll have a safe place to stash your loot and not have go from place to place using barrels and chests you hope are not game marked as an NPC's. Of course, you'll have to be able to drop a chest on the floor to put the stuff in, unless there is a dresser, table, etc. to use. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Effidian
Steward

Post by Effidian »

* If it is party based, please allow us to create all party members when we start. I can't stand relying on creating a party out of whatever is waiting out there. I don't mind if you have the option of doing so, but I want to craft my party from the start.

* A storage area. I know right now you can store stuff in boxes, chests, but I'd like a larger area (the size of your inventory or bigger). Maybe you can "rent" storage at an Inn or something like that.

* Containers. It would be nice to have an alchemical component bag and a keyring.

* Automatic stacking. When you pick something up, have it automatically stack on the same item if you have that in your inventory/quickslots.

* More weapon skill variation. Make there be pros and cons to using Cleaving v.s. Swords v.s. Short-Bladed, etc.

* A stat page (as mentioned above) would be great. I'm a sucker for stats.
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

My only wish for Book II (which is to be party-based as I understand it), is to make it possible to complete with a single character. Harder, sure, but it should be possible.
Claw
Apprentice

Post by Claw »

I want the ability to cast spells directly from the journal rather than binding them to a key. I've got all keys bound already and there are some spells I rarely use and binding them first and then restoring the original binding is a PITA.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
And if you're going to do that, have them show up one at a time, rather than 4 in a book...