Minecraft server?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Minecraft server?

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Should this topic be made sticky?
One vote for "No".

(Note that I don't have a problem with these guys doing this. It's just that it's not a "general interest" topic for the whole BG community, so doesn't warrant a "sticky" thread...)
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

IJBall wrote:
One vote for "No".

(Note that I don't have a problem with these guys doing this. It's just that it's not a "general interest" topic for the whole BG community, so doesn't warrant a "sticky" thread...)
I'd have to agree - not much point to sticky something that mainly just interests a few of us on the boards.
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I'd say, no, also. It is somewhat interesting to read what's going on but since I don't 'play' the game.. It's not of prime interest to everyone.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Yeah, I'm with the others. I see no particular reason for this to be stickied.
From the server logs, I've been the only one on in the last three days anyway. I'm sure we'll get more active again, once we're all a little less busy (Once summer starts), but for now it's fine.
The topic will rise back to the top when someone says something anyway, so we'll only see it when something important happens.
Along with that, once again, there are currently only 4 people from these forums whitelisted on the server (and 2 personal friends of mine who never come on), so not everybody would be interested in the stuff we're saying here.
Once again though: anybody who wants to join the server is welcome to. Just PM me. If we get a much larger number of people active on the server, maybe we could sticky this then.

TL;DR? Don't sticky it. (yet?)

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Yeah life has been busy recently - plus the mobs make me scared ;) I've grown soft on a peaceful server hehe. I'll be back though.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

llew silverhand wrote:Plus the mobs make me scared ;) I've grown soft on a peaceful server hehe.
The mobs aren't even on, though I thought I turned them on. I soon found out that they weren't yet. If we want to turn mobs on, we can, but for now, other than spawners, there is nothing dangerous.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Spencerbutch
Initiate

Post by Spencerbutch »

another vote for non-sticky.

as for not being active on the server - i play a lot of creative (sorry to the survival-fanatics :wink: ) i am the type of player who tends to build/focus on details and the like rather than mining and exploring, ect. also i got myself stuck down a hole or mineshaft or SOMETHING and cant force myself to find a way out... yet.

Also i had an idea today and wanted to see what everyone thought - a thread for showing the other minecraft players on here your builds. the only reason i didn't make it is because 1: I'm not sure if it would be better off added to this thread or something, and 2: i somehow haven't been able to upload pictures on here yet, and I'm not sure if thats my own stupidity or something to do with the forums.
thoughts?
-+=+_+=+-
To the TL;DR crowd: Why are you on a forum if you are averse to reading? tsk tsk.

Support local music:
http://www.facebook.com/FraudulenceTheBand
http://www.facebook.com/SemiInternationalRecords

My actual join date was April 01, 2013.

Thoughts?
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

(Always late to the party... :lol: )

I agree with the crowd: non-sticky. No reason to sticky this topic, because it's a small thing afterall.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Spencerbutch wrote: Also i had an idea today and wanted to see what everyone thought - a thread for showing the other minecraft players on here your builds. the only reason i didn't make it is because 1: I'm not sure if it would be better off added to this thread or something, and 2: i somehow haven't been able to upload pictures on here yet, and I'm not sure if thats my own stupidity or something to do with the forums.
thoughts?
Not here. Perhaps a link to another site that holds pictures for free? Rather have pictures of Basilisks games. :)
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Fun Fact:
A diamond pick, with no unbreaking enchantments lasts long enough to mine 15 stacks of obsidian! Yep, it's back to castle work for me. For now anyway.

llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Good to know, Vrogen :)

I need to get back to it myself. We still have a ton of the Nether Brick blocks in the chest I believe. Wish I'd have kept some of my Nether Quartz bricks rather than smelt them.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Hasn't been anything posted in here in a while. :) Just saw something over on Baldur's Gate forum that you might be interested in. someone is doing the city of Baldur's Gate in Minecraft. Link for some pictures and a short screencapture of one of them.

Link: http://baldursgateinminecraft.imgur.com/all/
Attachments
MinecraftBaldur'sGate.jpg
MinecraftBaldur'sGate.jpg (169.96 KiB) Viewed 5900 times
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Looks nice. I wonder what is their source of inspiration. Baldur's Gate 1?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Lord_P wrote:Looks nice. I wonder what is their source of inspiration. Baldur's Gate 1?
Yes, but in process of switching to Enhanced version. Someone else wrote they'd started doing parts of the game too but had started with the Friendly Arms Inn. I'll check later to see what's being said today and if anymore links.

edit: No more conversation at the moment. I'll update if there is anything really new.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Friendly Arms Inn looks great and I would very much like to see how they are going to do it in Minecraft. :)