Frightening moment in classic video gaming

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Frightening moment in classic video gaming

Post by Lord_P »

Oh yes, the Lavender Town theme from Pokemon Blue/Red. And especially the original theme. Such a creepy piece of soundtrack. The child suicide(!) myths around it are a complete hoax, but the original music does cause headaches and pain in the ears due to high frequencies used.

Here's the "toned down" theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNJJ-QkZ8cM
I won't be linking the original theme, because as said it truly causes headaches. You can find it quite easily by searching Youtube.

Warning! Don't dabble in the Lavender Town -themed creepypasta. It may cause nightmares.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Frightening moment in classic video gaming

Post by deathknight1728 »

Yeah I remember that. Those games still to this day are a lot of fun. I play them whenever I go on vacation with my family. Best games to have while on the road or plane.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

The single scariest game I have ever played to date is

Minecraft.

Yes, Minecraft. If you're exploring a cave, mining for iron and down to low health and hunger, running out of torches, and just trying to get that last little bit you saw in the distance before heading back when... suddenly you hear what sounds like fall damage right next to you. I literally jumped out of my seat only to turn around and see a cow looking at me. HOW THE **** DID YOU GET IN HERE?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

That sounds like the moment in a horror movie just before you turn back the other way and see the giant monster that came for the cow but figures it'll eat you now as well.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:That sounds like the moment in a horror movie just before you turn back the other way and see the giant monster that came for the cow but figures it'll eat you now as well.
Hee, hee!

Oh! Congrats on reaching MajorGeneral...SIR! :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Kreador is now the official leader of the Basilisk Games community. All hail Major General Kreador Freeaxe!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Lord_P wrote:Kreador is now the official leader of the Basilisk Games community. All hail Major General Kreador Freeaxe!
Um, nope. Basilisk Wrangler is still the official leader. I'm just the supreme commander of his armed forces, so watch out, trolls and spammers. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Lord_P wrote:Kreador is now the official leader of the Basilisk Games community. All hail Major General Kreador Freeaxe!
Um, nope. Basilisk Wrangler is still the official leader. I'm just the supreme commander of his armed forces, so watch out, trolls and spammers. ;-)
Ah, I see. You wield the fire-enchanted battleaxe while BW wields the Ban Hammer. :D