What's new in Book III?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Xex
Apprentice

What's new in Book III?

Post by Xex »

Can someone sum up what's new in Book III?

Specifically, are there any new Feats and Spells? That's the main thing I want more off, especially Feats, as they give non magick users something cool to do.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: What's new in Book III?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Mechanically, there is not much difference between Book II and Book III. Feats are generally the same with some minor changes. There are a couple new spells and some skills have been tweaked. Between monster stat improvements and some rule tweaks the game should be moderately challenging, technically speaking, for the average player.

Item generation is improved, so there are some cool new combinations of weapons and armor you can possibly find.

The big thing is there is a lot of story to cover in this final game, and there are many secrets to be found. More puzzles than Book 1 & 2 combined, hidden messages, hidden stashes. It's a denser world in terms of content- more stuff to do and find per zone than in Book II.

Book III is really going to be more about the story rather than new technical achievements (not to say long-time players won't find anything new, because you will).
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Density of experience. This. This is what we long time players are most looking forward to, I believe. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

+1 - oh yeah!!!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland