Wish List for Book II?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
JewelCG
Apprentice

Post by JewelCG »

So far I love this game. I started it up for the first time and just fell in love. I'm so not a fan of all the fancy 3d games out there.

I've seen some suggestions for the next game I like, such as...

Being able to run when there are no enemies about. Perhaps this could work similar to the not being able to sleep when baddies are out there.

Something I've never seen any other game do and I think would be cool.. the ability to sleep in any of the myriad of beds out there. Just not taverns, unless you pay. I really like the idea of having a hideout with lots of storage chests. This would probably be a PITA, but it'd be cool if the player could customize it. (Yes, I like control and doing the little things.)

The ability to build a campfire. They are all over the place, but you can't build one.

Maybe the ability to make your own torches. Wood harvested from the trees, some oil and rags..

More preset quick travel locations and possibly a set number of choose your own locations. Maybe it'd take some kind of gem or other trigger of some sort.

That's my 2cents.. Now back to my game.. :D
Aresius
Initiate

Post by Aresius »

(excuse me, if my english is bad, I'm from Hungary 8) )

4 days ago I found the demo of this game. I just love it! I'm a fan of the M&M, Wizardry, Baldur's Gate series, and this has the same feeling! The music is awesome, everything is oldschool and cute (less is more :roll: ) But still, I wish some improvements:

- the main character walks slow... it's a bit boring wandering around
- the changes between day and night are a bit fast

I will post some more, after some gameing... Thanks for this game, it's really great.
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

I'd like to see some randomization to increase replayability and the feeling of always being challenged and experiencing new situations.

Example 1: quest to find someone (alive or dead). Have 3 or 4 different possible spawn locations, so I really have to search each time I play.

Example 2: quest involving hidden location, like a tower or dungeon. Same thing, spawn it at random in wilderness.

Example 3: randomized dungeon levels. Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting you replace carefully crafted locations like Shadowmirk, but that a scattering of randomly generated caves and dungeons across the land that are purely for fun, to explore, kill things and slowly build your character would again improve replayability. Graphically, with a tile-based system I think this would be doable. I can't speak to the programming involved.

Example 4: quests that aren't resolved the same way every time. A quest from the city guard to find a murderer without the murderer actually being the same person every time, so you would really have to investigate instead of just going through the motions. This would be a lot of work of course, but to implement this for 2 or 3 important quests would add a lot.
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

Aresius wrote:
- the changes between day and night are a bit fast
Agreed on the transition between day and night being a bit fast, maybe the during can be extended for book 2.

Other ideas for book 2:

-Wide screen support for 16:10 monitors. I'm playing this game on my widescreen laptop :)

-Lore skill improvement
->> Instead of just identifying magical and rare items, why not give bonus descriptions of places when the player enters into new areas, for example, the player can better identify the place he's at and the creatures he's likely to meet because he's a "learned" person in a sense. Therefore, it's going to be something like .. " (Description of place).... (bonus depending on your lore skill) You recall.. Your rich lore knowledge of the world tells you that this area is infested with fire giants, so be more careful !!)

That's all for now.
Sakar
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Wish List for Book II?

Post by Sakar »

PhilosophiX wrote:
Vennor wrote:
PhilosophiX wrote:please give us the choice of sex, at least Male/Female.
Come on ladies... please help me out here, what do you think?
The first thing out of my daughter's mouth was "There's no girl!" So she named her character Jessie and wears a full helm. :)
Sakar
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Sakar »

My first wish:

Let us choose our starting weapon skill!

For RP reasons I want to make an axe-wielding barbarian (Fighter) but since Fighters start with Swords for free, I hate wasting 3 precious starting points on Cleaving.

thx
Aganazer
Apprentice

Post by Aganazer »

I had some (not so new) ideas about how to improve melee.

Bludeoning - Have a percent chance to stun
Swords - Cause bleeding damage
Cleaving - Dunno about this one
Short Weapons - More critical hits

Its also pretty common these days to have melee skills that are a lot like spells. Things like charge, backstab, shield slam, a sweeping multi-target hit, etc.

As for magic, there was an attempt to have strategic spells with sonic blast and entangle, but they weren't effective enough to make much difference. Entangling roots is typically a spell that is an AOE and shows up in the game environment for a short period of time. There could be more emphasis and need for strategic spells. If fireball displayed its AOE radius would be a start. I'd like to see other things like fire wall, wall of force/ice, mind control, dots. These are all old ideas that I am sure BasiliskWrangler has thought of. I would guess that the only thing that kept a lot of these from happening in book one was that they need to show up in the environment and the game engine wasn't ready for that yet.

Another random though is to have light sources on mobs. The lighting is so fantastic in this game engine. I would love to see a fire elemental light up the room or a torch wielding ruffian in a dark cave.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Cleaving: chance to dismember or mame, resulting in permanent reduced attack/defend ability until creature is dead?
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

suggestions (not so new also):

-Allow rangers to have a skill to allow the creation of their own arrows (something like alchemy. e.g. mix oil with normal arrow = flamable arrow).

-Elemental arrows. Fire, Ice, Lightning, Poison.

-Add status effects for elemental attacks. Chance of freeze for cold spells. Chance of burn, chance of stun, etc.. per round
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Mental effects (charm, for instance) spells.

Better damage spells .. damage points per mana point don't seem to scale much (i.e. a Level17 caster with 180 mana only can achieve ~2x the damage as a level 4 caster with 90 mana). Usually high level wizards (if they live so long) are lethally dangerous - in this game they better learn weapon skill too.

Have NPCs return to a 'base location' when not chasing enemies (and maybe wander around a little bit, but NOT get stuck in their own back room).
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

Some magic weapons with nice stats with a story to them and hard to find.

Arrows for under 1 Gold please....

A greater Arrow selection. Maybe the Ranger can make his own weapon like said before. Maybe a unike Tool-Skill ....Rangers can make arrows, Fighters can repair their own armor / make swords .....
"FUL IR"
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Might I suggest giving the warrior class the option of selecting which of the mele weapons they want rather than forcing Swords upon them? At the moment, the only viable way of taking a pure cleaving character that doesn't waste those starting points on swords is to take another wizard / healer class. I think it should be more streamlined.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Might I suggest giving the warrior class the option of selecting which of the mele weapons they want rather than forcing Swords upon them? At the moment, the only viable way of taking a pure cleaving character that doesn't waste those starting points on swords is to take another wizard / healer class. I think it should be more streamlined.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Fist, I would like to see some more dungeon riddles with switches / floor plates and portcullies. According to the manual you can flip switches from a distance through throwing something at them, or cast a spell on it. I never (had to) used that in Book1. Dungeonmaster had nice riddles in that direction.

Second, if you would want to make the survival skill more powerfull, the skill could make resting more save if its higher. Or, more sophisticated, it could tell me, in which area it is more save to rest. (hidden among trees, or near a mountain/wall)

Btw. Does the lighting of tiles take many resources? If not, why not let those little dancing lights that come out at night cast realistic light on their neighboring tiles, like a moving torch. That could look beautiful!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

There is one placein the game I think you have to throw/shoot etc in order to get through.....it involves a gate....this is one I know just off the top of my head.