Messed up quest order help (spoilers)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
arcainic
Initiate

Messed up quest order help (spoilers)

Post by arcainic »

NM problem SOLVED
Last edited by arcainic on December 19th, 2007, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

No, you would still be able to continue with your game. :)

Spoiler to continue main quest: Please highlight

To continue with the main quest, head to the town of Blackwater, find the underground repository by exploring around, and you will be on the right track
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Presumably they've BEEN to that place if they can claim 'mixed up quest order' rather than just 'too much gratuitous mayhem'. 8>.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

but have not gone into the vault there.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
arcainic
Initiate

emm but...

Post by arcainic »

i've explored every inch of blackwater... do u mean the underground repository as the goblin vault? i've been there too after toasting that nasty goblin and his guard... nobody keeps meh from my l00t! and i tried opening vault 26 w/ strange amulet, but no luck.

so now i'm stuck w/ a strange amulet that i'm not sure if or is not the crux of ages... any suggestions?
Last edited by arcainic on December 19th, 2007, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josia
Senior Steward

Re: emm but...

Post by Josia »

arcainic wrote:i've explored every inch of blackwater... do u mean the underground repository as the goblin vault? i've been there too after toasting that nasty goblin and his guard... nobody keeps meh from my l00t!
Definitely 'too much gratuitous mayhem' :wink:
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

ok, so he did get to the vault. I think you need to delete the save data for the map that has Lilith on it. BW/Thom should be able to say what that is. When you have done that talk to lilth and do her quest before killing her this time.
arcainic
Initiate

Post by arcainic »

BW/Thom help pl0x... delete save data w/ lilith so i can continue w/ da game!
(while ur at it, can u tell me which map save data involves the pure water quest? thanks xD)

(and the quickest way to a man's heart is between the ribs; and if ur goign to poke him from his back, might as well cut his throat out)
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

Necromis wrote:ok, so he did get to the vault. I think you need to delete the save data for the map that has Lilith on it. BW/Thom should be able to say what that is. When you have done that talk to lilth and do her quest before killing her this time.
This isn't necessary.

All Arcainic needs to do is find the vault that matches his key. The story will progress normally from there.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

Josia wrote:
Necromis wrote:ok, so he did get to the vault. I think you need to delete the save data for the map that has Lilith on it. BW/Thom should be able to say what that is. When you have done that talk to lilth and do her quest before killing her this time.
This isn't necessary.

All Arcainic needs to do is find the vault that matches his key. The story will progress normally from there.
You need to read Arcainic's post again.
Arcainic wrote: i've explored every inch of blackwater... do u mean the underground repository as the goblin vault? i've been there too after toasting that nasty goblin and his guard... nobody keeps meh from my l00t! and i tried opening vault 26 w/ strange amulet, but no luck.
As he has indicated going to vault 26 w/o having Lilith explain things has resulted in nothing. So yes the save data does need to be reset for that map so the quest can be filled.
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

Necromis wrote:
Arcainic wrote: i've explored every inch of blackwater... do u mean the underground repository as the goblin vault? i've been there too after toasting that nasty goblin and his guard... nobody keeps meh from my l00t! and i tried opening vault 26 w/ strange amulet, but no luck.
As he has indicated going to vault 26 w/o having Lilith explain things has resulted in nothing. So yes the save data does need to be reset for that map so the quest can be filled.
I understand what you're saying, but to my knowledge this is just not true. You should absolutely be able to go to the vault while skipping Lilith's quest entirely; the dependency between the quests is informational only. There is no game mechanic that prevents you from going on.

Arcainic, can you give this another try? Make sure you're at the correct vault and, if you cannot open it, specify exactly what you did and what messages showed up.
arcainic
Initiate

Post by arcainic »

i did, twice already, vault 26, no luck w/ strange amulet i found in cemetary...

would i need to talk to the now dead (nonexistant) goblin vaultkeeper to know which # i'm suppose to access? that could be the reason why? and just looking at the amulet, i only see strange amulet, not like the one w/ vault # i saw when i killed lilith i think.
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

arcainic wrote:i did, twice already, vault 26, no luck w/ strange amulet i found in cemetary...

would i need to talk to the now dead (nonexistant) goblin vaultkeeper to know which # i'm suppose to access? that could be the reason why? and just looking at the amulet, i only see strange amulet, not like the one w/ vault # i saw when i killed lilith i think.
Based on Effidan's experience with a speed game, this surprises me.

In any event, you could use the workaround BW originally posted here to reset Lillith's area. You will, of course, need to figure out which area it is.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

I bet that might be it. The dialogue box with the goblin banker might be the key to unlocking the vault. By killing him first he could have broken code for that area. Thom will have to chime in to confirm.
arcainic
Initiate

Post by arcainic »

PROBLEM SOLVED..

it was teh goblin banker... after i get that vault, i'm going to kill the bugger again just b/c he upsets me so!... how dare he insinuate he'd throw me into the dungeons!