How to Enter Darkford

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
persself
Initiate

How to Enter Darkford

Post by persself »

Have I not explored far enough in game yet? Of course, near Bordertown, the guards at Darkford entrance won't let me pass. Surely, I don't hand over the note to the guards?

The quest associated with Darkford (to speak with Captain there) is the only early game quest I haven't completed. I've done Tangletree Ossuary and completed Giants quests, so I've accessed Crakamir areas now.

Have not been to Citadel yet.

Spoil me, please.
Prismatic Maelstrom

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

SPOILERS wrote:If you threaten the guard after talking about the goblin agent and the letter you are allowed to enter Darkford. The entrance to the other side is closed, and apart from getting a few gold pieces from the incompetent captain if you push the issue, nothing much happens.
hekele
Initiate

Post by hekele »

There's actually a little more to it than just the gold. There is something else you can get in there that's useful, though not mandatory.
Laudimir
Apprentice

Post by Laudimir »

Yon key, no?
Prismatic Maelstrom

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

I can't remember anything else apart from maybe a chest or two of random loot hekele, what are you referring to? :)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

hekele wrote:There's actually a little more to it than just the gold. There is something else you can get in there that's useful, though not mandatory.
:D Yes, there is something useful in there, but since the questionee said he'd been to the giants village it's not all that needul to get in there except for a bit of loot and perhaps xpts.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

stealing the key out of the drunken capt's chest does let you open the gate near lone whatever that ruined city.

thus making exportation of the desert area much easier.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.