Messed up the game, trying again...

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Laudimir
Apprentice

Post by Laudimir »

Buffs increase min/max damage ...this means that Bless lvl 6 will ALWAYS increase all possible damage by +6.

As to damage absorption, I do not believe it makes any sense to have the lowest lvl mobs absorbing the small amount of damage low lvls are able to dish out.
But why do you persist in believing that when rolling a 1-N it will never come out at a 1 (or whatever) just because it sometimes comes out as an N (or even an N + critical with triple damage?).
You might want to reread what I typed.

I persist in believing this because Ive given data that supports my view, whereas you pull crap out of your ass that you cant back up.

If a salamander has ANY Damage Absorption, It sure as Hell is NOT 6, EVER.

So, if I attempt to strike a Salamander with a minimum of 7-8 damage, I will NEVER Hit & do 0 damage, by your model. In my Experience, this is definitely not correct. (BTW, base damage is a mere 1-2dmg, with +6 modifier due to Bless, in this example).

My question to you, GSV3MiaC, persist in believing what you apparently cannot back up?
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

I merely report what I see when I play the game and offer a possible explanation for it. Like it's possible the '+6' next to maximum damage means just that = +6 to maximum damage, +0 to minimum damage (minimum damage doesn't appear on the stats screen, right?).

You might also consider whether the monsters in question get a chance to dodge, or otherwise avoid/reduce damage .. calculated after your 'to hit'. I don't have the source any more than you do, or even the intended algorithm, but I've look at lots of other games and I know how =they= did it.

E1 does have a lot =more= 'hit and no damage' than I am used to seeing, but it is by no means impossible. Since you appear to just want to be rude and abusive, I'm out of here, let's see if BW will answer.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

I have to agree with GSV3MiaC on his comment, Laudimir - I don't know (and, as he points out, ATM none of us but BW do) which of you - if either - are correct, but there's no call for comments like "you pull crap out of your ass that you cant back up."