Morning's Wrath

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Morning's Wrath

Post by Iane »

Ethereal Darkness Interactive has relaunched Morning's Wrath as a Digital download only and at less than 10$ is a great bargain so download and try the demo and support this Great Indi dev who is still willing to make us games even though on 1st launch of game it was ravaged by piracy and nearly sent the company to the wall.

http://www.edigames.com/morningswrath/

Raymond Jacobs the Owner of "Ethereal Darkness Interactive" assures me the game is DRM free and as soon as my paypal has money again I will be supporting him as I enjoyed the game.

Also a new game is nearly complete and can be found here at http://www.edigames.com/malathedra/ :D

Ian
Scryler
Apprentice

Re: Morning's Wrath

Post by Scryler »

Thanks. I got one...but it has to wait until I finish with Eschalon I.

Probably be awhile. I'm slow. :roll:
When the long night is behind you and the sun climbs the sky once again, fly with the birds on the warm wind: sing a song of joy, for you were smiled upon while you slept.
Elveronion
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Elveronion »

I remember playing this a while ago. kinda fun but i never got "into" it enogh to buy the full version. my rating: eh. :)
tdisen
Initiate

Post by tdisen »

I actually bought Morning's Wrath through Stardock's new Impulse service. Played through the demo, but haven't gotten cracking on the real game yet.

But that leads me to my next observation, specifically directed towards BW, but whatever. Have you considered releasing games through a service like Impulse? These digi-distribution platforms seem like they'd be the perfect means for an indie dev. to get his stuff some shelf-time, with pain-free distribution and copy-protection. And if so, is there a reason why Impulse seems be more attractive than something like Steam? Is it more difficult to get a game on Steam?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

tdisen wrote:I actually bought Morning's Wrath through Stardock's new Impulse service. Played through the demo, but haven't gotten cracking on the real game yet.

But that leads me to my next observation, specifically directed towards BW, but whatever. Have you considered releasing games through a service like Impulse? These digi-distribution platforms seem like they'd be the perfect means for an indie dev. to get his stuff some shelf-time, with pain-free distribution and copy-protection. And if so, is there a reason why Impulse seems be more attractive than something like Steam? Is it more difficult to get a game on Steam?
I don't know what Impulse is, but I will look into it.

I have contacted Steam and Direct2Drive, but have not heard back from either of them. They are notoriously picky about the games they put on their service (which is a good thing) and it makes it much harder for low-budget indie games to compete for space with AAA titles. Flashy graphics and shitty gameplay sells really well. :roll:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
tdisen
Initiate

Post by tdisen »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
tdisen wrote:I actually bought Morning's Wrath through Stardock's new Impulse service. Played through the demo, but haven't gotten cracking on the real game yet.

I don't know what Impulse is, but I will look into it.

I have contacted Steam and Direct2Drive, but have not heard back from either of them. They are notoriously picky about the games they put on their service (which is a good thing) and it makes it much harder for low-budget indie games to compete for space with AAA titles. Flashy graphics and shitty gameplay sells really well. :roll:
Impulse has a quite a few lesser-known or even unknown rpgs on the service, including Depths of Peril and one of those cutsie Amaranth games. Seems to me that Eschalon's extreme level of polish would be more than enough.

Plus, Stardock rules.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

I tried the demo, and it looks like an interesting game, but my character walks so slowly and I couldn't make her move more quickly. Before too long I got tired of it and gave up.

And no Options option on the main menu to allow me to change it.

Also, unless I'm missing something, there's no map option. I tried all the keys and visible screen options and found nothing. Maybe the map needs to be obtained... some games require this.

To be fair: I was in an impatient mood and didn't give the game much of a chance. I might've missed the map if it was sitting around someplace waiting to be picked up.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Flashy graphics and shitty gameplay sells really well. :roll:
lol man you crack me up - Nice one :lol:

I do however believe that the major Game companys are working at lowering gamers expectations to allow them to continue to release garbage
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

[Moved to RPG discussion]
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

-deleted by poster
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!