Reinventing yourself:

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Reinventing yourself:

Post by Rush »

Action: Post removed.
Reason: Post exceeded allotted "lameness" allowance.

---Rush.
Last edited by Rush on January 2nd, 2009, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Reinventing yourself:

Post by Dragonlady »

Humm..I'll have to think on this. Any age and in good health? I'll get back to this after a good think. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Action: Post removed.
Reason: Post exceeded allotted "lameness" allowance.

---Rush.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

My sincerest apologies to all who were offended.

---Rush.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

What did I miss? :)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I thought it was cool why remove it?

You didn't get some bad mail did you?

I was so going to put something up too...strongly suggest you put it back.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

It didn't seem that lame. I just haven't had time to write an appropriate reply with enough introspection.

BW - You missed a post about what Rush would be like in an alternate universe with D&D characters.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I thought it was a cool way to pass the time, just thinking about what I would go as. I have a lot of skills mental/craft types but not so good in the physical..at this time. Onces't upon a time though..

Put it back, if BW didn't see it, no one else should make you take it off unless he says to. There are twits everywhere. Ignore them. :roll:

edit:

As a matter of fact, I will do it. I made a copy. Here:
Okay, so like many others here, I am checking the board quite often in anticipation of the release of Book II, and I am thinking that a distraction might help pass the time, so...here is my somewhat lame attempt in temporarily directing our minds elsewhere. It is a little role playing game that I will simply call "reinventing yourself."

So...it is "x" amount of years into Humanity's future, and because overpopulation has dangerously depleted Earth's resources, scientists have created alternate realities which parallel our own. One such reality is a world based upon (yes...you guessed it) Dungeons and Dragons.

Now, before stepping into the portal which will magically wisk you away...you fill out a computerized questionnaire with regards to who you wish to be, and what will be your occupation once you arrive within this brave new world which you will come to call home.

Be advised...once you step through the portal...you "will" become that individual. Once through...there is no turning back. So...who are you, and how will you spend your life within such a brave new world?

My character:

I guess I have simple needs (shrugs). See...of all creatures, large and small, which dwell within such an enchanted realm...I believe I could and would be content as a Halfling possessing a healthy dose of wanderlust. Pretty lame, huh?

A Halfling Piper, Cartographer and Thief. A Halfling because I have always loved reading about these folk. Infact...I believe I will never grow tired of hearing tales which include them. A Piper, because as a musician of sorts, I came to understand the relationship, as well as the interaction, between music and the soul. A cartographer, because I have always been fascinated by maps and such. I mean, hey...if you don't know where you're going..how will you know when you're there?

Lastly, a Thief, because I crave the danger, the excitement and the adrenalin rush of stealing 20 silver pieces from a huge, very menacing Ogre-slash-Innkeeper, and settling my tab with his own coinage..lol.

Anyway...who will you be?

---Rush.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I agree that it wasn't lame. I was just contemplating. Not that I have to think too hard. Kreador Freeaxe is a roguish warrior dwarf. Stolid and yet restless. A bit of a jack-of-all-trades. Not the "ultimate" anything, but good enough at everything to be successful.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

When I played D&D, I always admired the Ranger class and all it encompassed, but I also favored the stout and rugged Dwarven race (which are rarely Rangers). So, before I became the permanent DM of our group I always played a class I called the "Mountain Ranger" which was a Dwarf Ranger who could track his enemy below the mountain as well as he could atop it.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

You should get involved with a bunch of us play D&D again;) I have the 4th edition books on order...

I was always the paladin, strict and stout and holier then thou!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Rune_74 wrote:You should get involved with a bunch of us play D&D again;) I have the 4th edition books on order...
My pen-n-paper RPG days are pretty much over with the hours I work at Basilisk Games. Luckily I still get to talk about and play RPGs all day long, but I don't see returning to traditional D&D any time soon. :(
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I'm doing the crazy thing and introducing my 8 year old son to the game soon...I hope that I can teach him to use his imagination with it. Something severly lacking nwoadays.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Rune_74 wrote:I'm doing the crazy thing and introducing my 8 year old son to the game soon...I hope that I can teach him to use his imagination with it. Something severly lacking nwoadays.

I'm sure you and he will do well. My son was like that at that age, actually come to think of it, he was just 9 when I started playing. It took a while for him to get into it but once he did he loved it and every summer I found myself DMing him and his friends out in their 'clubhouse' (old dog pen). I didn't play favorates and he had to learn his arm or leg would be chopped off and had to be healed or his character would die. He learned to read maps and make them, his reading sure improved and more. Have fun! :D
Scryler
Apprentice

Post by Scryler »

I didn't think it was lame, either.

I used to like/identify with the Sorcerer the most. Lately, though, I have been using a Bard as my 'face' for the party, so I guess I'd have to say that I am liking/identifying with that character the most. And...although I can't sing worth a lick, or play a musical instrument...my career choice involves a lot of performing, so I guess that fits. And a Bard still has some of the magical arts. So I'd say a female Half Elven Bard. Supports the other players, grandstands some :wink:, uses a crossbow (I've always liked archers, too.).
When the long night is behind you and the sun climbs the sky once again, fly with the birds on the warm wind: sing a song of joy, for you were smiled upon while you slept.