OSARE, a new interesting RPG engine

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Riggon
Apprentice

OSARE, a new interesting RPG engine

Post by Riggon »

Currently this project is barely started in terms of development, but it seems to be doing quite well in the graphics department (actually they remind me of Eschalon). Some of my friends from The Battle for Wesnoth forums are assisting in the creation of media, which is how I found out about it. Currently the demo is very small, and you can only walk around and swing your sword at the zombies; no interaction with menus or items or containers has been implemented as of yet.I think this project is open source, but I'm not sure, since it doesn't really say on the website. :( Like I said, it's barely started in the development area, but it looks promising. :)
Nothing is something, because it is the state of the absence of everything, as well as being a word in the english language and an idea formulated by mankind to attempt to describe the conception of the lack of everything.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: OSARE, a new interesting RPG engine

Post by CrazyBernie »

Considering the name of the engine is "Open Source Action Role Playing Engine" and you can freely download the source code, I'd say your guess was pretty on the spot. :mrgreen:

Looks like it's basically a Diablo clone with a non-class based character creation system. I'm not sure I like the style of character leveling, but it looks interesting nonetheless.
Riggon
Apprentice

Post by Riggon »

CrazyBernie wrote:Considering the name of the engine is "Open Source Action Role Playing Engine" and you can freely download the source code, I'd say your guess was pretty on the spot.
Dang, I missed that... somehow... :oops: :P

It looks like it could have a lot of potential, but it's still far away from any sort of completion, which is unfortunate since I need something to keep me occupied until the mac version of Book II is released. :(
Nothing is something, because it is the state of the absence of everything, as well as being a word in the english language and an idea formulated by mankind to attempt to describe the conception of the lack of everything.
getter77
Senior Steward

Post by getter77 »

Surely a nifty find Riggon, thanks for posting it. Here's hoping it continues to evolve nicely.
http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=395.0 What I'm trying to accomplish in life.