Cheat help needed for stupid problem

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
ZXZXZX
Initiate

Cheat help needed for stupid problem

Post by ZXZXZX »

Somehow I managed to quicksave with 1 hp left while poisoned. I have a few hours of tedium since my last real save and just need to heal up or remove the poison.

Is there a quick and easy way to add a cure poison or heal potion or two into my inventory? Anything that can save me the trouble of re-doing a bunch of stuff over again?

I've searched around the site but have found nothing helpful to a clueless hex n00b. Everything I found in searches seems to assume that I already have a clue and/or the prerequisite software installed.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Cheat help needed for stupid problem

Post by Iane »

Upload your save game slot and I'll fix it a.s.a.p but don't expect an instant reply as might be at work.
ZXZXZX
Initiate

Post by ZXZXZX »

Iane wrote:Upload your save game slot and I'll fix it a.s.a.p but don't expect an instant reply as might be at work.
I would appreciate that. But, I can't seem to locate any files that appear to be save files. What extension? Where are they?

I installed the game via Steam if that makes any difference. I looked in all the logical places for obvious named files but having no luck.

Thanks
ZXZXZX
Initiate

Post by ZXZXZX »

Ok! I believe I found the save files under users\JohnDoe\ . . .documents. . .

Between Windows and Steam it is not easy to find what you are looking for. :?

When you say send you the save slot, do you mean zip up the whole directory or do you just need a particular file?
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

The easiest thing to do is to zip up the directory that contains the specific save... i.e. "/slot1"
ZXZXZX
Initiate

Post by ZXZXZX »

Ok, thanks. I'll have to split it to 4 posts. The directory is 965K zipped.

Part: 1
Attachments
slot1.part01.rar
(250 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
ZXZXZX
Initiate

Post by ZXZXZX »

Part: 2
Attachments
slot1.part02.rar
(250 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
ZXZXZX
Initiate

Post by ZXZXZX »

Part: 3
Attachments
slot1.part03.rar
(250 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
ZXZXZX
Initiate

Post by ZXZXZX »

Part: 4
Attachments
slot1.part04.rar
(214.38 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

CrazyBernie wrote:The easiest thing to do is to zip up the directory that contains the specific save... i.e. "/slot1"
I know I'm going off-topic, but congratulations Lieutenant Bernie!
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Would it be correct to assume that our "Lieutenant Crazy Bernie" is the first Eschalon fan to achieve that title? Great achievement - and well deserved!

Also, CB - could you just share with us how Beta is going? I promise we won't breathe a single word about anything you say........ Promise!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Painted Lady wrote:Would it be correct to assume that our "Lieutenant Crazy Bernie" is the first Eschalon fan to achieve that title? Great achievement - and well deserved!

Also, CB - could you just share with us how Beta is going? I promise we won't breathe a single word about anything you say........ Promise!
Actually, Dragonlady beat me to the punch... she's been around these here forum parts a wee bit longer than me... but apparently my blabbermouth caught up rather quickly. :roll:

Assuming I was in the beta, I'd imagine there'd be an Non-disclosure Agreement preventing me from discussing any beta related shenanigans. :wink: That's why you'll probably only see BW posting beta related stuffs. Besides, I wouldn't give away any details anyways, because it's more fun that way!! :mrgreen:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

CrazyBernie wrote:
Painted Lady wrote:Would it be correct to assume that our "Lieutenant Crazy Bernie" is the first Eschalon fan to achieve that title? Great achievement - and well deserved!

Actually, Dragonlady beat me to the punch... she's been around these here forum parts a wee bit longer than me... but apparently my blabbermouth caught up rather quickly. :roll:

Assuming I was in the beta, I'd imagine there'd be an Non-disclosure Agreement preventing me from discussing any beta related shenanigans. :wink: That's why you'll probably only see BW posting beta related stuffs. Besides, I wouldn't give away any details anyways, because it's more fun that way!! :mrgreen:

Yep, I was the first Leutenant. I've been around a long time but only post when I know the answers or pontificate from my elder throne. :D

Remembering from beta testing book 1, You could say the testing is coming along and people will love it. That doesn't give anything away but only enhances the longing for the game to come out. If you were allowed to let anyone know you were testing. I'll have to go back to book 1 agreement and reread it.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

So you could say, "If I were beta testing the game, which I will neither confirm nor deny, I would say that I am enjoying the game immensely and can't wait to hear other people scream about...oh, wait, I couldn't tell you about that, even if I were beta testing, which I will neither confirm nor deny."
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.