Who's on the Basilisk team?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
tiresius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Who's on the Basilisk team?

Post by tiresius »

I don't know if this is too much "insider" or personal knowledge, but I don't want to wait for the Credits screen!

We know you guys code in BlitzMax. How many coders?

We also know that a game like this lives or dies based on the 2D artist(s). How many 2D artists do you have? How are the graphics made (3D models from an isometric view captured then touched up, or just a raw sprite drawn from scratch?)

They are top quality graphics and everything (even on the forums) have the same sort of "look", which is great!

[EDIT] sorry move this to general chat if appropriate :oops:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Basilisk Games is just me and a couple of other guys who have contributed to the project from it's conception. But there have been other outside contributors as well; for example, the main Eschalon theme was composed and donated by a guy who worked on the Gothic III soundtrack among other things.
Keratardon
Initiate

Post by Keratardon »

So the Theme was made by Kai Rosenkranz?? This would be great, i love the Soundtrack of Gothic 2 and 3
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

The theme is actually done by two people, and their credits are listed in Eschalon as "Glorian & Victor Stoyanov". Glorian is also known as Borislav Slavov as he is credited in Gothic III. He also did a stunning soundtrack on the game Knights of Honor.

We will be using him and Victor on all our future projects. They have set an amazing mood in Book I through their music and I cannot thank them enough for their donation to the project.

Here is a sample track of his I found from Gothic III:

http://download.piranha-bytes.com/sound ... slavov.mp3
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

Yeah...Gothic3 got a great Soundtrack.
So its nice to hear that the same genius is working on the music for Eschalon.
"FUL IR"
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

Yup, Gothic 3 had a great soundtrack. Too bad the rest of the game didn't fare up so well, IMO. To me G3 was a great disappointment, especially when you compare it to its predesessors (Gothic 1 and 2). YMMV.

Back to Eschalon. As music is very effective in setting up the mood of the game, it's great to hear (pun intended) that Eschalon has the benefit of a dedicated composer doing the tunes. Now just get the game released already! :)
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mrmunka
Initiate

Post by mrmunka »

Hey cool! Learn something new everyday! I believe music play a huge roll in games, the Gothic series being no exception. I'm excited to hear what E1 has in store for us music fanatics.