Please remove the load/save part of the game

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
racemaster23
Initiate

Please remove the load/save part of the game

Post by racemaster23 »

well, i hope you guys look forward to my idea

the saving features of the game must be turned to auto-save..

I hate it because I can just load the game whenever i make mistakes..

so the game makes it easy despite of the "Hardcore" and "challenges" features

by "auto-save" i mean that every move you do is irreversible..

:) just an idea.. I joined the forum just to say this.. but I'll be replying to comments .. :P
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Please remove the load/save part of the game

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

You of course have the option to play that way for yourself. Nobody is forcing you to save and reload the game. But completely removing the save/load feature as its implemented would alienate a WHOLE lot more players than it would make happy. The "hardcore" mode where you can't save near enemies or when sick, etc, and with the fixed random seed to prevent save-scumming (for those who want to stop themselves and can't do it on their own) are as close as BW is likely to come in this game to making every action irreversible.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
racemaster23
Initiate

Post by racemaster23 »

I have not thought of the other players.. haha
well I guess...
hmm..
It is just very tempting to press F3 and load the game :((((
though I want it to be like..
every move I make is irreversible.. but knowing I can load it is something like a cheat to me..
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I think I've proposed the idea of an optional roguelike-like permadeath save system before, but it may not be worth the coding since people can always do it voluntarily anyway.

But if it makes it into Book III, I'll play it :)
Jack Dandy
Pledge

Post by Jack Dandy »

I would actually love to see this.

It could be an optional feature to add to the game's difficulty, like how 2 had the whole optional hunger/can't save around hostiles thing.
dogthenine
Initiate

Post by dogthenine »

I am one of those people who would not like the load/save part of the game removed and agree with Kreador Freeaxe
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

I agree with Kreador, I certainly wouldn't buy the game and I doubt that many others would either. There are many ways to make the game more difficult, it just requires the discipline on the part of the gamer to make it so.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

dogthenine wrote:I am one of those people who would not like the load/save part of the game removed and agree with Kreador Freeaxe
I second (third?) this. I'd rather see a button to click on that would stop save-scumming for those who wish to do so. We already have a button that allows us to not need water/food and repair of weapons. At a penalty of course. Some of the folks here like challenges, others like to have fun without being annoyed by such a feature. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

dogthenine wrote:I am one of those people who would not like the load/save part of the game removed and agree with Kreador Freeaxe
Agreed.

But an 'Auto-Save' slot is something that's been on Wishlists since Book I. I certainly wouldn't want to see the "traditional" Save slots removed. But I would very much like to see an 'Auto-Save' slot (that saves roughly every 5 or 10 minutes of gameplay) added to Book III.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

IJBall wrote:
Agreed.

But an 'Auto-Save' slot is something that's been on Wishlists since Book I. I certainly wouldn't want to see the "traditional" Save slots removed. But I would very much like to see an 'Auto-Save' slot (that saves roughly every 5 or 10 minutes of gameplay) added to Book III.
Yeah, That's fine, certainly no harm in that.