3 things I would love to see in the next game

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Jack Dandy
Pledge

3 things I would love to see in the next game

Post by Jack Dandy »

Hi! Here are three things that I think would make the game even better.

1. "Backstab" ability, for the more sneaky players. If they put points into the more stealth-focused abilities "walk silent", "cover in the dark", it would be great to add this feature. If the player manages to face the back of an enemy without him noticing, he could "Backstab" him for higher damage/accuracy, etc.
A way to let the player guess which way the enemy will turn next would also be great. That could be an ability too! "Sense", or something like that.

2. Some more moral decisions. Granted, I'm pretty early into the game, but so far the only choices I've seen are "Shining white knight" or "Evil bastard". Some things in between would really help the immersion.

3. And one more important thing! Hotkeys for stance change and Armor set changes. Would be great and make it less cumbersome.

Good luck with the next game!
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: 3 things I would love to see in the next game

Post by IJBall »

Jack Dandy wrote:Hi! Here are three things that I think would make the game even better.

1. "Backstab" ability, for the more sneaky players. If they put points into the more stealth-focused abilities "walk silent", "cover in the dark", it would be great to add this feature. If the player manages to face the back of an enemy without him noticing, he could "Backstab" him for higher damage/accuracy, etc.
I agree (and I think others have called for this), that Rogues in particular need some kind of "special" Critical-type Hit that accrues just to them for their 'stealth' skills. Something like a special 'Critical' bonus-damage Hit for a first-strike melee attack while in "Hidden" status seems like the kind of thing you and others have talked about. It could almost operate like a "Feat" perhaps...

Dunno how hard it would be for BW to implement that from a scripting standpoint, though.

But I should probably add this one to the 'Wishlist' with the next update...
Jack Dandy wrote:2. Some more moral decisions. Granted, I'm pretty early into the game, but so far the only choices I've seen are "Shining white knight" or "Evil bastard". Some things in between would really help the immersion.
Others have requested this, but I don't know how possible it is to implement outside of the very narrow focus of the 'main' quest-line in the game without it being a whole bunch of extra work for BW that probably doesn't justify the time-commitment required...
Jack Dandy wrote:3. And one more important thing! Hotkeys for stance change and Armor set changes. Would be great and make it less cumbersome.
I doubt a 'stance change' will be added to the game, but the request for 'Hotkeys' for things like Armor-set changes is already in the Book III 'wishlist'. :)

Edit: Or do you mean a directional stance change?! If so, you're right - there's a mouse way to change your facing-direction (I think it's shift-clicking or control-clicking the map - I can't remember which, but it's something CrazyBernie got BW to add to the game...), but no keyboard way to do it. I should maybe add this to the 'Wishlist' too...
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: 3 things I would love to see in the next game

Post by CrazyBernie »

IJBall wrote:
Jack Dandy wrote:3. And one more important thing! Hotkeys for stance change and Armor set changes. Would be great and make it less cumbersome.
I doubt a 'stance change' will be added to the game, but the request for 'Hotkeys' for things like Armor-set changes is already in the Book III 'wishlist'. :)

Edit: Or do you mean a directional stance change?! If so, you're right - there's a mouse way to change your facing-direction (I think it's shift-clicking or control-clicking the map - I can't remember which, but it's something CrazyBernie got BW to add to the game...), but no keyboard way to do it. I should maybe add this to the 'Wishlist' too...
Pretty sure he's referring to the Finesse/Power/Defense/Normal "stances."