Spoil me please

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Silky
Pledge

Spoil me please

Post by Silky »

I have three spoiler requests.

1. Where is the sick man to use the potion of absolute restoration on? I have looked west of the salt flats but have been unable to locate him.

2. Where can I find the book "secret of transference circuits"? This is the quest you get from the alchemist in the first town. I am level 10 and have not seen it yet.

3. I cannot find Brandon (Mary's Husband). I assume he will be a corpse since the quest did specify a particular wedding ring.

Thanks!
Silky
Grimtooth
Initiate

Re: Spoil me please

Post by Grimtooth »

Silky wrote:I have three spoiler requests.

1. Where is the sick man to use the potion of absolute restoration on? I have looked west of the salt flats but have been unable to locate him.

2. Where can I find the book "secret of transference circuits"? This is the quest you get from the alchemist in the first town. I am level 10 and have not seen it yet.

3. I cannot find Brandon (Mary's Husband). I assume he will be a corpse since the quest did specify a particular wedding ring.

Thanks!
Silky
1. Just one map south of the village - the same map where you find the sailor's sextant from the bandits. Go to the very western side of the map, then head north into the forests. You'll find a house there.

2. I haven't found it either, and I've finished the game, so can't help there. Sorry.

3. One map north of the map you get the quest from. Exit the map from the north-eastern corner to get there the easy way. When you enter the next map, just head up the road until you see a sign saying "Avoid swamps! Short cut this way to Darkford" to your left. Follow the path into the forest and you will be ambushed by bandits. Kill them and go deeper into the woods (south-west) and you will find their camp. You will find Brandon's corpse there, carrying the ring.

[edit]Confirmed and fixed.
Last edited by Grimtooth on November 29th, 2007, 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grayth
Initiate

Post by Grayth »

2. The book can be found under the cemetery in North Parish. Talk to the guy in the basement and he will give you a quest to collect some slugs. It's a hidden room to the east of where he is located.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Silky
Pledge

Post by Silky »

Thanks!
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

i believe bradon the husband's corpse can be found in NE Thaemore at 35 167
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

crud I think I sold that book, not realizing...(secrets...)

wonder if it'll turn up again
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Grayth wrote:2. The book can be found under the cemetery in North Parish. Talk to the guy in the basement and he will give you a quest to collect some slugs. It's a hidden room to the east of where he is located.
You can't miss the room, it has two teleportation pads in it!
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Grayth wrote:2. The book can be found under the cemetery in North Parish. Talk to the guy in the basement and he will give you a quest to collect some slugs. It's a hidden room to the east of where he is located.
Oh damn , he looked at me funny so i killed him :x
Loriac
Senior Steward

Post by Loriac »

Neilsouth wrote:Oh damn , he looked at me funny so i killed him :x
No need to worry about that for this quest, its not necessary to talk to him to find the book you're looking for. However, the quest he would have given you is obviously gone, however you don't really get all that much for doing his quest, so again I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.