Eschalon: Book II Teaser is up!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Tiavals
Initiate

Re: Eschalon: Book II Teaser is up!

Post by Tiavals »

The music is absolutely glorious. Is the music normally of that quality, or was that the intro music or such?

But overall, it looks quite good. In fact, better than I thought it would. :wink:
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

As usual, you have delivered more than we were expecting.

The first things that caught my eye were:
The great new enemies - Winter wolves, Goliath beetles, Bronze dragon...., Dwarves and Rats that hop.
Rain - great effect.
Moving and exploding barrels.
Map - a real teaser. Got a peek of Bastion Spire, and Western Thaermore.
New spells - Death Nimbus and Draw Water (is this one used in conjuction with needing food and water?).
Key ring - that should add a fun new dimension to our fighting options.

I have a feeling that we will be replaying this teaser and searching for clues for weeks. Just awesome :!:
Merakis
Pledge

Post by Merakis »

Finally! The end is nigh, all shall be forsaken! I'm thinking that the flash of that evil looking face near the end of the video might be some foreshadowing to who our next nemesis will be. Hopefully something more daunting than in Book 1. :P Been waiting for this for a loooooong time - looks great, can't wait to try it out!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Merakis wrote:I'm thinking that the flash of that evil looking face near the end of the video might be some foreshadowing to who our next nemesis will be.
Actually that very same evil looking face also appears at the beginning of Book 1. It is up for a second right before you wake up in Elderhollow.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Painted Lady wrote:As usual, you have delivered more than we were expecting.

The first things that caught my eye were:
New spells - Death Nimbus and Draw Water (is this one used in conjuction with needing food and water?).
Actually, the first spell is "Dense Nimbus" - it is essentially Air Shield under a new name from what BW has told us before.

Both that, and Draw Water (and, yeah, Draw Water is as it sounds I think :wink: ) are spells we've seen before, in some of the earlier Book II screenshots.

That's why I'm more interested in the spells "Toxic Element" and "Summon Beast", as we've never seen them before.

I theorize that "Toxic Element" (a 'Tier 2' spell?) is basically Poison Spray for Mages, but I'm just guessing. :mrgreen:

I did figure out that Summon Beast is a Tier 3 spell: casting it at Level 2 in Book I would have cost 20 Mana Points, but I notice that in the teaser clip that casting that spell at Level 2 is costing 19 Mana Points to cast - I guess that's the new 'Magic Efficiency for Higher Level spells' effect showing up! :twisted:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Painted Lady wrote:The great new enemies - Winter wolves, Goliath beetles, Bronze dragon....,
Actually, the Bronze Dragon is a summoned creature fighting FOR you, not against you. That is VERY cool.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

IJBall wrote:There's some very cool looking stuff in there.

SPOILERS ahoy!...

I kind of wish we could have gotten a look at the new Key Ring, and the revised character creation screen, but those are minor quibbles.
I did a number of screen captures to look at the fine print. I got one with the beetle battle (try saying that 5 times real fast :D ) and saw the key symbol next to the journal one and below in the script it said "You look at your key ring:
Single Key : Goblin Key : Rusted Key " at least I think that's what it said. Might have been sample key and blueish key and ruined key. I couldn't sharpen the image enough to figure it out. I'll look at the trailer again for key type objects in the equipment windows. There is one object that could be a key ring (silverish) or a metal flask or magnifing glass or metal potion bottle. Not sure. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I think you might be looking a little too far into the key ring thing. Take a look at the button bar... I believe the answer is there.

Also, you can clear up the image by switching the resolution to 720P, and even watch it in fullscreen mode... very sexy. :mrgreen:
MrEntity
Initiate

Post by MrEntity »

Hooray. The waiting is almost over. Hope I get into the beta!
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

CrazyBernie wrote:I think you might be looking a little too far into the key ring thing. Take a look at the button bar... I believe the answer is there.

Also, you can clear up the image by switching the resolution to 720P, and even watch it in fullscreen mode... very sexy. :mrgreen:
I have a 1024x768 monitor, so I capture the moment with VLC and see the still image in Windows' image viewer.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Painted Lady wrote:
Merakis wrote:I'm thinking that the flash of that evil looking face near the end of the video might be some foreshadowing to who our next nemesis will be.
Actually that very same evil looking face also appears at the beginning of Book 1. It is up for a second right before you wake up in Elderhollow.
I noticed that too! I'm hoping maybe now we'll find out whose face that is. I don't think the first game answered that question!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I likes the scene where you are walking in the rain and repeatedly trying to light a torch. Plenty of humor in even the simplest things.

I still need to slow down my download to read all the text. Trying to use pause otherwise gives blurred text half the time.
krisklef
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by krisklef »

Well, a teaser it is; consider me teased, and my appetite whetted. I'll be in line to DL this one.
krisklef
function.require
Apprentice

Post by function.require »

Wow. Character and monster animations look nice. This is going to be a great game!
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

Awesome. Simply awesome

Can't wait to play it