It's not working Jim! Hive queen stinger...

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
DrNick
Pledge

It's not working Jim! Hive queen stinger...

Post by DrNick »

I'm playing through the game again with a new character and might have a problem.

So, Lilith says go and kill the hive queen and bring back the stinger. I killed the hive queen earlier and already have her stinger, but the game doesn't seem to want to acknowledge this and it the option to show it to her isn't appearing in the dialog.

This strikes me as being especially odd because the first time I played through I had the stinger before I talked to her and there was no issue.

I can't help but wonder if it might have to do with me having already used alchemy to improve it just for giggles and the game doesn't recognize it as the same item anymore... :oops:
jinnes
Apprentice

Post by jinnes »

While I feel your pain -- and I think your guess about the imbuing sounds like a good one -- you should know that you don't *have* to complete Lilith's quest in order to move ahead in the main quest. You can still go to Blackwater and proceed as if you knew what Lilith was going to tell you.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Try taking the stinger out of your inventory (put it in a barrel) then return it to your inventory. That might trigger the quest.
DrNick
Pledge

Post by DrNick »

jinnes wrote:While I feel your pain -- and I think your guess about the imbuing sounds like a good one -- you should know that you don't *have* to complete Lilith's quest in order to move ahead in the main quest. You can still go to Blackwater and proceed as if you knew what Lilith was going to tell you.
Yeah, I figured out how to continue on anyway but it still just bothers me. The first time I played through the game I got to the end and I had completed every quest presented to me, except for finding the husband of the woman north of Aridel. I couldn't finish that one because she got killed by salamanders and the quest never disappeared from the quest log.

Now here I am playing it again, and I have another quest I can never get rid of... :?
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Try taking the stinger out of your inventory (put it in a barrel) then return it to your inventory. That might trigger the quest.
I gave that a try. No luck. Even after killing her to complete the quest for the guy in Blackwater it still wants me to bring her the stinger. :lol:
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

So try the trick to reset the area where it is found, and then maybe you can find another one?? (If you do then try to not improve it, huh?).
Adrian
Initiate

Guess...

Post by Adrian »

...I'm not the only one who HATES having left-over quests in my quest log!
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Nope there's lots of us! Best you avoid Gothic 3 though ...